We have been saying for quite some time there are pretty impressive benefits to meditating.
Dr. Deepak Chopra says that there are more than 1,000 scientific studies documenting the benefits of meditation which enhance the health of the mind, body and emotions..
They go on to categorize the benefits as physical and mental/emotional.
What we like is what he says at the end is that you can IMMEDIATELY begin to experience the benefits. We have found this to be true.
Even with all that is said, there is a spiritual component that only you can discover as you open to a whole new world when you go inward to the true YOU.
Dr. Antonio Sierra is our resident meditation instructor and has been leading Open Meditations for years. No experience is necessary, yet if you are an experienced meditator you will benefit immensely too.
So come on people now, what are you waiting for?
The physical benefits of meditation include:
- The stimulation of the body’s self-repair mechanisms and self-regulation
- Lowered blood pressure and heart rate
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased levels of the enzyme telomerase, which helps slow the aging process
- Downregulation (turning off) of genes that contribute to diseases such as diabetes, Alzheimer’s, autoimmune illnesses, and some types of cancer
- Upregulation (turning on) of genes that are responsible for good health
- Reversal of aging at the cellular level
The mental and emotional benefits of meditation include:
- Reduced feelings of stress
- Increased feelings of relaxation and peace
- Expanded experience of healing emotions such as love, compassion, joy, equanimity, and gratitude
- Decreased experience of painful emotions that constrict your awareness, including anger, hostility, guilt, fear, anxiety, shame, and depression
- The ability to respond consciously rather than reacting in a conditioned, melodramatic way
- Increased focus, memory, and ability to learn
- Better sleep
- Decreased addictive behavior
The benefits of meditation are both immediate and long-term.
You can begin to experience benefits the first time you sit down to meditate.
Many scientific studies provide evidence that meditation has profound effects on the mind-body physiology within just weeks of practice.
Isn’t it time you decide that enough is enough?
Act now and come to our meditation!
Call us at 734-416-5200 to sign up and begin enjoying life again!
Book online for the next class. Click Here.